If you are responsible for health and safety within your business, it is essential that you undertake the correct training to perform your duties properly and prevent putting people’s safety at risk.
Whether you are senior safety personnel, owner of a business or a supervisor with responsibilities for managing health and safety issues, you need to know about:
- Auditing and monitoring of health and safety in businesses
- How to design safe procedures and practices, as well as liaise with enforcement officers to ensure they are implemented
- Risks associated with work equipment
- How to identify hazardous agents
- Launching risk assessment projects
- How to develop a culture of “safe working” within a business
- The specific legal requirements relating to health and safety
- How to ensure staff undergo the correct health and safety training
This kind of course, officially known as a CIEH Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace, should take around five days to complete. Once it is completed and the certificate – approved by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health – is awarded, you should have all of the skills and qualifications you need to manage health and safety in the workplace to an exemplary level.