Summer is here and what better way to celebrate it than with a barbecue in the garden with your friends and family. But be aware of the dangers that lurk when firing up one of these bad boys. Food safety and preparation is paramount.
Did you know…?
- 1 in 10 people in the UK suffer from foodborne illnesses each year
- Food poisoning cases double during the summer
- The most common germs include: E.coli, Campylobacter and Salmonella
- BBQ’s can be as hot as 343°C!
- In 2002, it was estimated that 1800 people visited A&E in the UK after an accident involving a barbecue.