Own a bar, club or restaurant? Ensure your staff undergo the right training

If you own a bar, nightclub, restaurant or any other premises (i.e. supermarkets, sports and social clubs etc) which serve alcohol, you or your managers will need certain qualifications to ensure you adhere to current licensing laws. These qualifications can be acquired through the right training courses.

So, what qualifications will you need to obey the letter of the law when opening your own premises? Depending on the nature of your premises and the staff you are responsible for training, the following qualifications and courses will be useful to you.

  •  BIIAB Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing
  • BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Door Supervisors (units 1 and 2)
  • BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
  • BIIAB Level 2 Award for Designated Premises Supervisors
  • BIIAB Level 2 Award in Drugs Awareness for Licensed Hospitality Staff

By attaining these qualifications, particularly those relating to alcohol provision and health and safety training, you and your managers will have knowledge of licensing law and fully understand your responsibilities in relation to it. The training will not only make your premises compliant with the law; it will also protect customers, staff and the future of your business.